Monday 4 April 2011

Magazine Prices Research

Mixmag being a British dance music magazine it doesn’t relate to my own magazine but we have used the magazine itself as research so I believe it is also to add in this section. The price of the magazine is priced at the less of £4 although adding a subscription to the magazine it’s a better price for most. The magazine is often made for people with a standard income allowing them buy the magazine on a regular bases. I believe that £4 is too expensive to price my own magazine as it is targeted to a certain age group of young adults which I doubt they would be able to afford on weekly bases. If I make my magazine priced so that it is affordable to most on a low income, it will seem as if it’s promoted to all classes, races ethnicities and gender.


Being an R&b and Hip-hop magazine I believe that this magazine dedicated to mostly teenagers and young adults, the price for this magazine is reasonable as it is affordable to most students. Being priced at £2 - £4 , I believe that this is a good price range for most magazines as it is affordable to most also as the magazine only comes out fortnightly it caters to my own target audience of students as its not ranged at a high price. So people with a low income in their household will b able to buy the magazine.



Mostly the same as Vibe magazine, aimed towards the African American readers, the magazine is marketed weekly, jet magazine contains man various topics from fashion to beauty tip, latest black entertainment view on music and films. the magazine is priced from £1.99 - £3.99  as like vibe magazine I believe this is a reasonable price for the right target audience , also as the magazine contains a lot of quality information for all readers it will entice them to  pay the price for the magazine.


              Flavour - http://www.flavourmag.co.uk/tag/rb/
Flavour Magazine is a free bi-monthly urban entertainment and arts magazine in the United Kingdom. The publication targets men and women 18–34. It presents interviews and discussions on people in music, art, TV, film, beauty and fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment