Tuesday 29 March 2011

Contents page Research

I researched many content pages on music magazines and I decided to choose this Q the music to annotate on. I’ve decided to use a few ideas from this contents page such as having the big picture of a group feature in the magazine. Also as it has the headings of the articles featured in along one column. I like the idea that the page numbers and titles are in bold and additional text is in dimmed text. I also like the fact that the contents page is split into sections, I would to use this in my own magazine





I like the layout of this contents page as I believe that it is very eye catching and attractive to all viewers. I think that it is a great idea to use a large image on one side of the page; also the layout of the letters spelling out 'contents' is very bold and unique as you don’t normally see the letters set out like that. The colour combination is great as it is bold and striking once you open the magazine. I think this is one of the only contents pages I’ve seen with hardly any text on it. personally I wouldn’t use this technique in my own contents page as it’s not very informative of what’s going on in the magazine . But on the other hand this could be a good effect to use by not using a lot of text as the reader may lose interest if they have a lot to read on the contents page itself.


The contents page produced by the magazine 'Kerrang' I believe was a good set up for my research as I was about to look at a different styles contents page that featured a variety of images that related to pages featured in the magazine I liked the idea of this technique as I believe it was a great way to entice the reader to show them and allow them to be a part to the magazine .Also this way they would be to see images of things that was going on as well as text inside the magazine . I found this contents page was very loud and outgoing also represented by the music featured in this magazine. The Yellow letters upon the black background made the letters stand out to the readers showing importance and highlights main headings .Also the page numbers in the bold black writing allows the reader to see things clearly and quickly if they want to search for a certain page. The black outline of the photos give them all status and identity as they have their own boxes, showing that each image has a different story to tell.   http://www.kerrang.com/





Finally I added this contents page to my research as I really like the layout of the page; the masthead is very bold and eye catching. The picture draws you in to the contents throughout the page as its attractive and fits into the page because it is black and white .I believe that as the image is black and white but it features a red heart ,proves the point of Kanye west new song ' love lock down ' featured in the magazine .the page number are also in bold writing to show indication of which page contains what story ,Also the sections of the magazine are divided into different categories  I think that this is a good feature as it makes it easier to view and find different pages about different articles .Lastly a good thing about this page is that it has hardly any writing upon it ,so I doesn’t over whelm the reader

No comments:

Post a Comment