Thursday 5 May 2011

Evaluation Question 5 .


Through doing my research and planning of building my magazine and having my magazine published, I was able to look how many different magazines were published, distributed and delivered to many different audiences in many different ways. Many urban magazines I found were based online such as:


• Yorap


• Flavour


• Singersroom


Looking at a variety of many different online urban magazines I was able to see that most of their websites promote a lot of merchandise, rather than promoting other new hip-hop artist. However looking at printed magazines sold in local stores I found had a website that wasn’t very appealing to it viewers so they would influence their readers to buy the magazine in person, rather than using the internet to catch up with the magazine. I believe that it is good idea to produce a website to for readers to log on to now and then, to catch up with out of date copies of the magazine if they couldn’t afford to buy the magazine that week. Having a website was also allow readers to have unlimited access to the latest thing going on in the magazine. I would like to have my magazine retailed in local newsagents and big supermarkets, such as Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s. I also think it’s a good idea to have my magazine advertised and sold in music shops such as HMV , as it sales a variety of music selection including my own genre so whilst in a music shop such as HMV your able to collect the latest style magazine that connects to your favorite genre . I also thought I would be a good idea to have my magazine retailed in stores such as footlocker and JD sports as I believe the promote a sort of urban dress style which is also portrayed in my magazine. The idea I had was when I personally saw the magazine flavor being distributed freely in footlocker and as magazine and flavor are along the same lines of topics, I thought it would be a good way to distribute my media product. I think it would be helpful if my music magazine was promoted at local raves and clubs that play my sort of genre of music promoted in my magazine



No comments:

Post a Comment