Monday 21 March 2011

The News Musical Express

   
From the image was above was a masthead that I explored the dept , considering the different codes and conventions throughout the bold masthead there to attract the reader or buyer .Nme is one of the most UK branded popular music magazine which focuses on the rock and indie music genre . Although it’s not that I want to feature or focus on that sort of music I believe that it was a good idea to look at different genres style of music magazines, To gain ideas to use in my own magazine .By looking at this masthead I believe u cannot tell what sort of music the magazine is about as the masthead is very formal and unique . As the masthead is Bold it stands out to most readers as the white outline that lays on the black creates the effect of the letters to be sharp and signified. The red that fills the colour is also very vibrant and eye catches. Another convention used in the masthead is that the three letters have meaning such as News Musical Express, I believe that this is a good way to simplify long titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment